Friday, March 9, 2012

Perspective and Answered Prayer

If I had a dollar for every time someone said to me, "You know everything that's going on in my life, but I didn't get to hear anything about what's going on with you", I would have a good amount of money save up. This used to really frustrate me.  And at times I even felt sorry for myself.

But recently the Holy Spirit has been whispering, "Isn't this really an answer to prayer?  This is what you asked for."  Oh how right He is!!  Over the past 2-3 years I've prayed the words of James 1:19 over and over again. "Lord, make me quick to listen and slow to speak."  And If I'm constantly having the opportunity to practice listening, hasn't He indeed answered that prayer in a very tangible way?

And another blessing in it all.  That people trust me enough to talk to me about their lives, and that I have the opportunity to pray with them and share in their life's journey.  It has truly become a BLESSING to me!!  Oh how He loves us and knows what we need.  I'm a little slow sometimes.  Grateful for God's patience and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment