Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sometimes it's just so helpful to have someone else's perspective.  A fresh take.  A view from someone who is not the liar inside my head.  You know that liar that tells you, "It's the worst case scenario.  This is serious!  This problem is HUGE!!"  Do you know that liar?  I am very familiar with him.  He's been lying to me for a LONG time and for quite some time I believed him.  I let him heap guilt on me day after day.  I let him convince me that I had totally messed up my kids.  LIAR!!!!!

OK, back to other people's perspective.  I love it because they can see things from outside the situation.  Usually they are not tied emotionally to it, so they see things more clearly.  I especially love the really honest people who are willing to share their "crazy" life stuff too.

I want to do GREAT things in my lifetime.  But there are also so many times where I just want things to be comfortable and easy.  The reality is that these 2 things just don't go hand in hand.  The truth is that great things usually come from hard work.  "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." 2 Chronicles 15:7  

Be encouraged today.  Your hard work will be rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment