Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Awkward moments at Starbucks

I went to Starbucks today and saw someone I knew.  By saw I mean, when I first saw her I didn't recognize her, then I squinted my eyes and awkwardly tilted my head forward to get a better look. At this time the lady who was sitting at the table with her noticed me staring (and probably thought I was a total weirdo).  You would think at this point in time I would say something to the lady, but no.  I just looked down and pretended to look at the paint samples in front of me. I'm pretty sure at one point I caught the person I knew (yes it really was her) glance up at me and quickly look back down.  This gave me the impression that she wasn't super interested in talking to me, so I just kept my eyes on my paint samples and left about 10 minutes later.

It's so weird.  Why was it so awkward?  At one point this woman was a very important person in my life.  I looked forward to seeing her and talking with her every week.  We had even talked about her mentoring me at one time.  Now we're avoiding each other at Starbucks.

All I had to do was say "Hi".

No comments:

Post a Comment