Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lies

We recently bought a house and moved.  We still own our other house and are working to turn it into a rental property.  But until it is ready to rent we have 2 mortgages.  Needless to say, this causes the budget to be a little tight.  So guess what?  I haven't been tithing.  I haven't been giving our usual "10%".

I don't write this to justify why I'm not tithing right now.  I write it because every time I don't tithe I feel guilt, not conviction, guilt.  Like something bad is going to happen if I don't give a certain amount of money for a few months.  Guilt; because I'm not tithing right now we're never going to get someone to rent our house.

And then something bad does happen.  A strong gas smell comes from our oven every time I turn it on. So bad I have to open the doors and windows.  And this morning the burners won't light.  And my first thought is, "this wouldn't have happened if you would have been tithing."

Do you know what this is?  LIES!!!

God does not work that way!  He does not guilt me into obedience.  He does not shame me when I'm down.

The devil on the other hand does.  He loves to play the guilt card and he knows exactly when to use it.  Always when I'm already down; he throws in another punch to beat me further down.

LIES!!!

I choose not to believe the lies today.  Crappy stuff happens.  Ovens break, things get lost, money gets tight.  This is not God's punishment on me.  Rather it is an opportunity to grow my faith and to see God at work.

" Do not worry about tomorrow.  Each day has enough trouble of it's own.  There is no condemnation in Christ!  He works for my good because I love Him."




No comments:

Post a Comment