Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Consider it pure joy

As another school year is about to begin, it is no accident that I happen to read James 1:2-4.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Everyone's trials come in different shapes and sizes, and in different areas of life.  Mine tend to come in the area of motherhood, in particular with one child and school.  This particular situation started 5 years ago.  Every year I think it will be over.  I hope and I pray.  But every year it pops back up in one way or another.  

And when it first started 5 years ago I cried and and I screamed and I was mad at God and wanted to run away from it or ignore it, hoping it would just go away.  But it didn't.  So I surrendered and faced it head on believing God's promise that He "works for the good of those who love him"-Romans 8:28.  And He has worked for my good and the good of my child.  More than I even know He has worked for my good.  And sometimes I still scream and cry and want to run away.  But not at God and not from God... to God.  I run as fast as I can and say, "HELP ME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment