Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 2: Practicing prayer

I'm realizing that really being intentional about prayer is going to take practice... a lot of practice.  I'm so accustomed to the GO GO GO pace of life, that stopping and being quiet is hard.  It is a rare occasion that I am by myself, so I've had to designate a quiet place in my house to go and pray at my specific times.  Finding a quiet place in an 1,100 sq. ft. house is a bit of a challenge. But I've found this little corner in my room where I'm hidden behind my bed and it's working quite well.  I've decided to set a timer for 5 minutes for each prayer time.  If I don't then I just rush through a quick prayer for the poor, and that really defeats the purpose.

Sometimes I don't even know how or what to pray so I just sit and be quiet and think about what I'm suppose to be praying for, and the Lord brings things to mind.

I've also realized that I like getting up early, but I hate going to bed early.  This poses a problem.  This equation just doesn't work unless I want to be crazy cranky lady.  So I'm going to have to force myself to go to bed earlier tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment